Sunday, April 26, 2009

193. The Closet Conspiracy
So, my local contractor came to fix our second broken blind and he nicely fixed my squeaking closet. I wouldn't call it a mere squeak though, it was the sound of grey whales in the ocean, a high pitched squealing like in the Star Trek movie, it was soooo loud, every time I opened my closet door it drove me nuts and seriously impaired my hearing. The problem was ever since we moved from the first apartment, the lazy movers didn't properly assemble everything when we moved to our 2nd apartment. I also noticed fallen chips of (fiber wood, aka fake wood) wood on the closet panels and that all the shelves were about to fall down from not being properly assembled. So I paid 2 guys to try to fix that problem (costing more money) but the truth came out. This contractor told me these closets (which are quality produced with mere fiberboard and plastic and that are sold for EXHORBITANT amounts of money) are only good for one time use. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! At last, I found out that these Germans are tricking us, by purposely not building closets in homes, then making us purchase these SUPER expensive monstrosities and then God forbid, if you decide to move, you can't even take it with you..WOW, another fun loving thing that really makes me sing for joy. It really is true, lemme refresh you on how much these suckers cost:
Price of closet
600 Euros
Delivery cost
price of assembly 4 hrs labor x 20 Euros=80 Euros
Moving of closet

Price of 2nd Closet
600 Euros
Delivery and assembly
Wait time to receive: 6 weeks

So, to be conservative, about 1300 Euros =$1700 USD
for the price of 2 closets, which lemme tell you, barely fits all our clothes, so we have to use other smaller closets as well and now you can just toss these suckers when you're done, because they will fall apart on the 2nd move.
joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment