Tuesday, April 14, 2009

162. Sometimes for fun, I like to hear the word, NEIN!
So we’re at Hugo Boss outlet in Metzingen this weekend, I asked the friendly cashier if I could have the hangars for our overpriced clothes we just purchased and she said, “NEIN!” (which means NO) We had shopped there many times before and they always gave us hangars, and being that we are in Germany and getting anything costs money I had to ask. Then I asked her for an extra bag, she said, “NEIN!” then she ran my credit card and then said, “NEIN!” Guess I gotta go to the bank and get a new card, it’s happened to me many times before where my stupid EC card (debit card) doesn’t work sometimes, that’s why I feel it is imperative to carry large amounts of cash with me at all times to spare me the humiliation and jeers in line at any shopping establishment. I was so flustered with her NEIN’S!! I ran out the door huffing and puffing, “I am so sick of the NEINS!” She probably thought I was a crazy American. My ever-compassionate husband said she probably only knew a few words in English and could only say yes or no…I hate him.

No comments:

Post a Comment