Monday, April 20, 2009

187. Murder on the 5th Floor
There will one less German here and that is my real estate agent/management co. She is driving us nuts, even my well-tempered husband is near the breaking point. She completely read our contract wrong and now we are paying for the use and breakage of the faulty old apartment. Ex. We just paid 130 Euros to fix the FILTER!! of the washing machine and dishwasher which was clogged LONG before we got here. Now, we just paid for the 2nd window blinds $116 Euros, that broke because it's 20 years old and is too thin for the heavy blinds (which is not our fault at all!) plus we never used this particular blind ever, till our guest decided to pull it down for the first time and it broke. Our contractor had told us before that these were not proper for the weight of the blinds and would break anyways. All these things were here BEFORE we freaking got here and now they are making us pay for it. HELLO!!? This unit is over 20 years old and the appliances are over 11 years old?!?! It reminds me of this other blog stating how their German landlord still owed them their 2500 deposit, so I know this is NOT just happening to us!! But these people are unbelievable, oh I miss the States where you can fight for your rights and you have some legal protection against such ridiculousness! I had told you before how we had to live with the faulty washing machine and dishwasher for the first 6 mos and how long everything takes to fix and NOW THIS??! The problem is I must learn more German so I can cuss her out properly so she understands!! I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment