Friday, April 17, 2009

181. Dogs are More Valued than Kids
I know, sounds weird, but it's true. People will talk about it all the time here. Dogs are more important and valued than kids. My teacher told me how Germans were more interested in cooing over a passing dog, that they will ignore the cute baby in the stroller. Dogs are allowed everywhere in Germany and they are highly regarded. They will sit next to you in restaurants, in shopping areas, in stores, doggie water bowls are provided and if you have a really cute dog, you might even get a German to come up to you. They are so important here that it is considered inhumane to leave them at home for more than a few hours. Ok, I see your point but in America, most people have 8 or more hour jobs and they have dogs, it caused quite a debate with my European friends over here. They thought it was cruel and unusual punishment to do so, and it's better not to have one than to leave them unattended for a few hours. Wow. So, I guess all the Americans who took the abandoned dogs out of shelters to give them TLC, food and care are all a bunch of selfish bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment