Friday, April 17, 2009

177. The Cost of Magazines
Let's expand on this, I LOVE fashion mags, in America you can do a little research and get some pretty good deals on magazine subscriptions maybe $18/year for 12 issues of Vogue, less for the cheaper ones (Bazaar, Elle). In Germany, it costs $6 Euros =$10 USD for one German Vogue! Now, I don't know why but that's freaking expensive, a yearly subscription can cost around $40 Euros=$60 USD a year! But here's the catch, they have this weird promotion thing and they're always giving away some stupid bonus gift?! Which I don't trust cause there's ALWAYS a catch here, nothing is for free. I think they lock you into another German Iron-Clad contract that you can't get out of and have to cancel your subscription at a certain time or you are locked into another year or something, SCARYY!! Now even in France, the mags are cheaper normal prices, shall we say $3 Euros? so I know it's not the cost of printing the darn thing in Europe right?! So, these things to me are now like "the price of gold" to me now-ex. fashion mags, kimchee, Asian ingredients, everything I miss and now I must pay a lot, a lot of money for..

No comments:

Post a Comment