Tuesday, June 16, 2009

234. To recap
Just in case you didn't read the 233 number of reasons I have a right to HATE Germany, I will recap just a few that really reminds me. So let's begin:
-Blatant discrimination I faced at the immigration office and losing 2 Armpit apartments because I was Asian. There's no other way to explain those. I remember the landlord actually telling us that we could not put one hole in the walls and that we had to carry down the hundreds of firewood from our balcony to the cellar, before we were even denied the place! haha so funny

-The screaming crazy lady ringing my bell early in the morning to yell at me for not recycling properly and crushing the boxes, ok after a year I am now learning that EVERY thing, EVERY piece of trash must be identified, labeled, and dealt with in it's own proper manner. Think about every time you throw any piece of trash away, somethings have paper and plastic, some are unidentifiable, they must crushed, cleaned and put in the correct bin, one of 7 bins!! Think about it!

-Taking away my rights to drive and not accepting the Arizona drivers license which I paid $400 to get
-The numerous hand written letters every week from our neigbors and the official letters we get from our housemaster, because we did this and that wrong.
-The neighbors telling us we can't bring our friends to use the pool and asking us if we lived here?
-The German asshole telling me to take off my bathing suit in a 4 star hotel here
-Fighting with our real estate agent over money
-Always, Always feel like we're in trouble or we broke a rule and I am OCD and anal and detailed, so WTF?!?!
-They should come up with a HUGE manuscript of "How to live in Germany" as a foreigner and all the rules you will break and get yelled for, don't you think it's better to do WHAT you're doing wrong first??!!
-Recycling every item of trash, disassembling it, crushing it, cleaning it and placing or driving to 7 different recycling bins (my husband and I drove around and spent the entire afternoon, using gas and emitting the air, to return all the bottles and containers to the right store!) He would rather throw them away but you can't when each one can be .25 cents pfand!!!! Do you THINK I like to return the empty plastic water bottles from my trip to Italy?? R u KiDDDING??G??G
-Almost getting arrested at a store, after spending 200 Euros on items, and I'm still a criminal

1 comment:

  1. Hi! :-) In my opinion, Germany truly sucks. (Fortunately, I will leave in September of 2017, which will not come soon enough.) However, I have an Arizona license, and I had no problems converting it into a German one... I am Italian and American (dual citizen), and I had lived in several other countries before moving here, but I just cannot adapt to life in Germany. And no, it was definitely NOT you! :-) I went crazy for a long time thinking that, perhaps, my husband and I were some non-adaptive, narrow-minded rednecks or something! :-) I even speak the language well, etc., and I think Germany can be a nice place to visit, but living here just sucks (in my opinion). Thanks for writing this blog, and sorry you had to go through all that crap!

    ReplyDelete