Friday, May 8, 2009

202. Always on vacation
Germans take the most number of vacations in the world (it's a fact I learned in class) and I KNOW WHY!!!?!?! because they want to get the HELL out of here. You know, like we do, get away from the drab and dreary weather, people and food. But the problem is everywhere we travel to in Europe, you can't get away from them! And they are always at the same restaurant wearing their German sport jackets and sandals and speaking in their annoying language, harping about one thing or another or even complaining about the food. It's no wonder they are so despised by all other cultures. They can be rude, pushy, aggressive (always cutting in line) and honestly they would not fit in anywhere else in the world but Germany. Can you imagine if they had won the war>>!??! The world would be a very different and scary place my friend. I was watching a lot of old movies, Schindlers List, Charlotte Grey etc. that took place during WWII and I have to say they are portrayed in movies as villains, unsympathetic, hard, cold and just plain scary. This is scarier than any horror movie, because this is based on truth and history. I know they were not all involved in the war and many opposed this political view, however as a foreigner I have never felt so detached and out of place and unwelcome as in THIS country. I can only count a few people (on one hand) that were very nice here and overrall the public has been well, just not that friendly. Living in Bavaria, which I heard is a very closed off society (they have excuses for everything) I can see how people can feel that way. My current neighbors have only scolded us or questioned us, in fact the latest was, some neighbor hand wrote a note (and wrote in bold, meaning went over it like 20 times with a pen to make sure it was nice and dark for us to get the point, unbelievable!!) that we should crush our paper cartons down!! I assumed all that pen work meant an exclamation point, well that particular nosy asshole didn't realize we had NO cartons in paper that week and that we HAD been recycling properly but they chose to blame this on us, the new guys, or the one with the foreign wife. FUCKERS!! Sorry had to get that out, I was pretty upset, now we get letters from city depts AND nosy neighbors for not following the rules, everything is forbidden, blah blah blah. (Does Big German Brother really go through my freakin trash!?!?)
It's a wonder why I am so tense and stressed here all the time and trust me it affects me. My doctor said all the dry lips and constipation was from stress and the hard water and getting adjusted, bullshit, it's all because of them, you know THEM! I didn't have this problem at our first place, or it wasn't as bad, since this place was a beautiful part of Germany known for spas it was full of tourists. In Armpit, it's another story!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I am enjoying your blog two years after you wrote it! I am coming up on three years here in Germany and will have to stay about another year. I can totally relate to most of your rants about this place, even though I am an American with some German heritage and look fairly German. But I find most Germans don't like foreigners generally. I am looking forward to the day when I can finally go back to the States.
    I hope you are happy wherever you are now.
    Best, Sarah

    ReplyDelete