Thursday, May 7, 2009


199. Rear Window
Our apartment is like the movie Rear Window, its on the 5th floor and it faces a courtyard of hundreds of windows all with nosy Germans on their tiny little balconies peering out to look at everything. Except our house has both a rear window and a front window because it faces hundreds of windows in the front and back, that means I have to dress my windows with curtains or leave the blinds half down in the front and back so I don't have to face the very nosy, and bored fat old German guy that always seems to have enough time to stare out his window peering down at girls that walk by or the bored old grandma who sunbathes for hours, I mean hours! (which I don't blame her, since the sunny days are so rare here! but I really don't know want to be looking right at them since they are right on our eye level!). In fact, this was the very reason I did NOT want to get this particular apartment, I had never lived this way with so many neighbors being able to see right through your living room and kitchen! But after all the discrimination of gettting the other apartments we had to take this one, now we're just stuck with the awful rental management co. This also inhibits the limited amount of sunshine that I rarely see in Armpit, Germany anyways. Well it's either dark privacy or sunshine lookiloos...so our place is dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment