Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday, September 29 2009
Did you know that a yogurt container has 3 different recycling elements?? It has the paper cardboard container, plastic cup and a foil lid. lollolololol!!! haahhhhha But let's get to the good stuff that is my exciting life in Germany! WHOOHOO! Going to 3 different stores in the neighborhood to look for fresh spinach and never finding any!!! They only have frozen spinach, like frozen fish and frozen vegetables. You are limited to whatever they decide they will carry in the store at that time. Don't even get me started on the pork rib meat I was looking for. As you read before any meat cuts of any kind are impossible to find. NOT like in America, you can't even find beef ribs here. So I'm lugging my bags of grocery home and I see in this classy neighborhood a HUGE dump pile of junk, broken wood furniture, beds and crap. And these immigrants are all loitering around looking through it, staring at it, talking about it, what have you. OK, what a piece of dump area this is! Back to groceries, one store has this, the other doesn't, no wonder they have to put 3 shithole markets in the neighborhood and you still can't find what you need, but you will make 3 stops. And the selection at the grocery market of items to cook with. These people must LIVE on cold cuts and cheese, GROSS! and we're NOT talking delicious, perfectly cured Italian salamis, we are talking cheap, artificial, tasteless, disgusting looking hams and cheeses for these fine tuned tastebuds!! Imagine trying to cook anything here. And I am so craving the Asian food again. I was trying to make Japanese cold ramen noodles with mustard sauce and another Japanese pork ramen. HAHAHAHAHAH! that will take a week to buy ingredients, including several trips to bigger markets (sorry no license to drive yet) and a trip to Munich! HAHAHAH! I think I sound like I'm going crazy and this is not even my first week back. We will have to fly (I mean Drive 4 hours to Frankfurt this month to buy some Korean groceries at a TINY Korean market with limited selection and pay 5 times the price! yay! No, I am not bitter! hahahaha OK here's the deal as we can see I have over 245 items on this darn blog of reasons WHY I HATE IT HERE. So I don't have to explain the bitterness, I got off the plane and all the reasons, feelings and memories just came flooding back. I think I've cried twice already. The night before I left and once here. Don't cry for me Argentina, it's just my fate to be here in this Gosh foresakin place. I just don't know why I'm so lucky here though...
Living in a 3rd world country is tough, every little thing is so hard to do, get done, to buy, to do anything will explain later.

No comments:

Post a Comment