Sunday, July 24, 2016

Should I stay or should I go?

Amidst all the recent tragedies in Munich and Germany as well as the rest of the world. I am thinking of shutting this blog down. I cannot condone hate in any country in the middle of everything the world is going thorough. This blog was a release and way for me to put all my frustrations, hurt and confusion of living in a country that had very little tolerance of others. It doesn't mean all of Germany but of a town called Augsburg in Schwabish Bavaria a very closed minded town stuck in post war mentality even as of today. Every single thing was true although it was my personal opinion and experience. I have had many comments sent to me many which I can't post and others really appreciating that they were having a hard time too. One sent talked of suicide and that broke my heart. Some people are still suffering from their experiences there and if it can help one person to not feel alone, then I've done my job.
I am sad with the state of the world and even what is happening in America and even Austria. Where they are thinking of electing a Nazi type radical president. It is tragic and scary to see what may happen. I would like to apologize if this blog caused pain or discourse and don't want to continue the spread of hate in the world.
I am at a really good place in my life and all this is a long memory of my pain and suffering from years back. After numerous discussions and even reading books of other experiences in Germany, it seems this intolerance of foreigners, rudeness and ignorance as well as ethno centric behavior still exists in year 2016. I hope communication and dialogue can help people to be more tolerant and loving and welcoming. Well thought I would share my thoughts. Send me comments to let me know what you think. Stay safe and take care.

Desperate Housewife in USA

7 comments:

  1. i first read this blog 4 or 5 years ago when i literally googled why i hate germany and found this lol. it was such a relief to find this blog of you with the stories and realize im not the only rare sane person living here who experiences the same(well very similar stuff). so many times i wondered, if i exaggerate, take stuff too serious or if it isnt the same elsewhere in the world but by reading your stories about your life in germany the answer was no. also its no difference if youre in augsburg, kiel, dortmund, Hamburg. wherever. germany is germany, and crap everywhere, NEVER forget that. i am partly german myself, and each time i leave the nation its like being born again and see the world so bright and new. yes there are very few "normal" kind germans but they are so rare. i am even more stunned that you still wrote here just days ago and i just wondered what happened to the blg quite the same time since 4 years. i dont think you spread hate, no, just writing down what you experienced and how it appeared is not hate, and even so what, its more thanjustified. you dont have to shut this blog down only cause some things happen in the world. its a personal view of you on this you saw and experienced. no need to delete it. i just can talk for myself, it helped me a lot, to read it and see that im not the only one having an insanely hard time here. i hope youre good at the moment, and enjoying cali sun and fun! hug to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across this today...as i googled "why I hate Germany"...hoping to find someone on "my" side, that has had similar experiences. I am at my last nerve. I love Germany but today I realized, I definitely hate it much more than I love it. There are things I truly despise about Bavaria, its' people, and its' culture. On the contrary, there are things I love about Germany (the non-bavarian Germany). There a wonderful good friends I've met through the years (even in Bavaria). Hence, I have things to be thankful for and love, but its only a small part compared to the things I hate. I made a conscious decision on my run today, that I will take all that has built up inside of me and write my thoughts and share it them online...on a blog - and then the first thing I search, I found this. So, please don't bring this down, something like this creates a comfort for people like us...its a sense of belonging to like minded people when you feel alone. I fortunately am only here for about 4 months out of the year, but in those 4 months I become a different person, a hateful, angry, frustrated, emotional person...so I can't even imagine what it would be like to be here permanently when you are used to open minded everything (for the most part)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your kind words. Good to hear it has helped you. I hope you can share with others here and not feel alone in all this. And good luck living there hope you find some peace and joy there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...we go back to SoCal in about 3 weeks...and I CAN NOT WAIT... Its difficult when your good friends don't understand you - when they tell you "but its just how things are done here"...that is when you realize how lucky we are to live in USofA...and yes its not perfect...but still ;)

      Delete
    2. JB! You are hysterical and I've been enjoying your comments on every post lol! I'm glad others can relate to this and have some sort of commonality and not think we're crazy. Because we're not! People think I actually sat there and made this stuff up or exaggerated but you know it's all very unfortunately true!! Wish you luck there and relief when you visit the States! You really start appreciating what you don't have. God Bless America!

      Delete
  4. LMAO... We actually live permanently in SoCal...but here in Germany 4 months every year for business and family...now that I found your blog, I feel like I have ammunition - before this I thought i was going cray..."doesn't anyone see and hear and feel what I do?" OH well, as long as we find a new temporary home out of "Barfvaria" I am happy. Now that I know I am not the only one...I have a "IDGAF" attitude...and I no longer speak German to anyone unless its a friend, "aint no-body got time for that"... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you are not alone! Haha I had to look up IDGAF lol! I refuse to speak either but makes me laugh when I understand what they're saying secretly. Glad to hear you live here!! It's not as bad as living permanently there. At least your getting your sunshine, food, 21st century technology, and everything else American ;) nice meeting you JB!

    ReplyDelete